Enabling gzip

Arthur Murray amurrayfsf at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 16:18:47 EDT 2012

I was wondering what stco parsing is and if gzip should really still
be disabled by default?  The commented out line was added in 2009.
I'd prefer to enable it to reduce download times and wasted internet
bytes, and would prefer to solve the real problem if there is one. How
can I test if this mystery "perl bug" still exists or if there is any
downside to enabling it now in 2012? I've briefly tested while gzip
was enabled and I didn't notice any problems.

1921         # Using this slows down stco parsing!!
1922         #$ua->default_header( 'Accept-Encoding', 'gzip,deflate' );
2522         # Only return decoded content if gzip is used - otherwise
this severely slows down stco scanning! Perl bug?