get_iplayer in Debian Wheezy

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 15:13:43 EDT 2012

On 01/06/2012 08:23, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
> Do you plan to make a get_iplayer release imminently? If not I will
> probably cherry-pick recent patches in the next few days, bearing in
> mind the need for an upload ten days in advance of freeze for it to
> reach Wheezy.

I read about the Wheezy freeze recently, which spurred me to tackle my
get_iplayer to-do list.  The only remaining item that relates to the
main script is to remove the double re-muxing of AAC audio.  It has the
side effect of defeating the --overwrite check, but it's not a
particularly crucial issue, and not worth waiting for.

So my vote is to push a new release.  The Debian timing gives us a good
excuse to set a milestone.  We've accumulated 23 commits to he main
script and 7 to the Web PVR since release of 2.80.  Taken together, the
changes are not as extensive as those between 2.79 and 2.80, but they
are probably deserving of a new release.  Any other input - pro or con -
is welcome.

AFAIK, David Woodhouse is the only one with sufficient access to
actually turn the key to create a new release (David: let me know
off-list if you want to delegate that minor chore - would require a
permissions change at your end).  I've done a test release locally to
check the Windows installer update mechanism, and everything looks good
to go.