flashhd - where is it gone?

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 06:28:29 EDT 2012

On 26/07/2012 01:56, Dave F. wrote:
> On 25/07/2012 23:26, dinkypumpkin wrote:
>>
>> The BBC began creating HD programmes at lower bit rates,
>
> They've reduced the quality again? When was that introduced?

I should have written "listing" rather than "creating".  I don't think
the encoding quality has actually changed, but rather the bit rates
listed in the BBC metadata for HD programmes have changed to more
accurately reflect the encoding.  get_iplayer uses the metadata values
to determine whether an HD version of a programme is available.