Is it possible to switch of the automatic embedding of Images

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 06:39:30 EDT 2012

On 18/07/2012 10:29, tgilkes at mygilkes.co.uk wrote:
> In many cases this would be great and useful, but my media player does not
> handle properly, so would prefer sometimes to switch this off.
>
> So Question, Is it possible to switch of the automatic embedding of Images into
> a .mp4 file.

What media player are you using, and what do you mean by "does not
handle properly"?  Is there a problem with playback of the files?  If
it's just that the image is too small, try adding --thumbsize=6 to your
get_iplayer command to get the largest thumbnail available.

You can switch off all metadata tagging (including embedded artwork)
with --no-tag.  You'll need to make a minor edit to the get_iplayer
script to disable just embedded artwork.  If you want to do that, reply
here and I'll post the instructions.