get_iplayer v.v. HiDownload Platinum

Jonathan Wiltshire jmw at debian.org
Tue Jul 17 12:49:29 EDT 2012

On 2012-07-17 15:38, Chris J Brady wrote:
> As an after thought wouldn't it be great if get_iplayer also worked
> for ITV iplayer, Ondemand 4 and 5 or whatever?
>
> Is this in the pipeline?

There were plugins for C4 and ITV when Phil first released get_iplayer,
but the targets kept moving and it was not worth keeping up. As
commercial broadcasters it is not in their interests to make life
easy for us, because we would no longer be a captive commercial-
consuming audience and their revenue stream would rightly depreciate.

Jonathan Wiltshire                                      jmw at debian.org
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51