PVR manager - Prevent conversion to MP4

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 14:09:32 EDT 2012

On 05/07/2012 18:57, Lorenzo Martinelli * wrote:
> I can convert it to mp4 much more efficiently from another machine.
> If get_iplayer does it, it takes up to 45 minutes to convert a 1h
> program (there are reasons, including the network connection, the
> ancientness of the laptop, etc.)

get_iplayer never transcodes video - it only copies the streams from one
file to another with ffmpeg.  You have the worst laptop ever if it takes
that long to write afile that's going to be typically < 1 Gb :}

Are you re-muxing from/to an external disk?  That can be *very* slow
indeed.  If so, it might be better to download/re-mux on your local disk
and dispatch the finished file to an external disk.  You can use
--command to do this (or set it in your options file).