Bounced messages

James Laver james.laver at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 12:15:21 EST 2012

On 29 Jan 2012, at 16:30, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote:

> The confusing thing is that it's gone from the moderation queue now. I
> don't know how that would have happened unless you'd clicked the
> 'discard' link you get in the response email.

Not me.

> I did actually find the message in the spam filter's cache, where it
> keeps messages for training. A close inspection seems to indicate that
> it was a reply, but it lacked In-Reply-To: and References: threading
> headers. How did you actually post that? Whatever you did, something
> broke the normal reply process...

Common sources: blackberry (I own one, does my head in being unable to use MLs), exchange. Would not be surprised if google had done some new stupid thing, however (a friend of mine bounces all gmail/google email to his mail server because they ignore abuse reports).

James

P.S. David, could you please take me off the list of moderators?