Ubuntu - get_iplayer ppa updates

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 16:23:08 EST 2012

On 27/01/2012 19:12, Clive wrote:
> I assume that the error message:
>
> ERROR: Failed to get iphone URL from iplayer site
>
> is not fatal as it still d/l fine on Linux Mint 11 following your update.
>
> And it would be ignorant of me to complain and not thank you for the
> update - so thank you. Much appreciated that it so easy to get all that
> wonderful radio.

Jon: A thanks for the update from me as well.

Clive: That error message can always be ignored.  To avoid it
altogether, I believe you just need to make sure your mode list doesn't
include "iphone".  I don't think it is there by default, so perhaps it's
a leftover setting?  It also can creep in if you use --modes=best.
Someday I or someone else will get around to excising all those
vestigial bits of code.