Naive questions: RTMP packets & output

Jon Davies jon at hedgerows.org.uk
Mon Jan 23 09:47:20 EST 2012

On 22 January 2012 16:33, John Rose <john.aaron.rose at btconnect.com> wrote:
> RTMPDump v2.4-n25-git60218d0-ppa5~lucid
> ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet body. len: 65590
> 428727.861 kB / 2335.80 sec (65.7%)
> INFO: Connection timed out, trying to resume.
> Resuming download at: 428727.861 kB / 2326.600 sec (65.4%)
>
> Sometimes, it resumes OK; sometimes not.

In general, please state what operating system and version you're
using, as well as what version of get_iplayer you have.  I can deduce
from your log extracts that you're using my ppa, and probably on
Ubuntu Lucid, but I can't be certain as these binaries work on more
than Ubuntu, and certainly on more than one version of Ubuntu,  It
helps to know which...

You're not alone: sometimes rtmpdump cannot resume a
failed/interrupted download.  The workaround is to remove the
partially downloaded file (it'll be named *.partial.*) and try again.

Cheers
Jon