Subtitles

Fintan Gaughan fgaughan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 09:44:28 EST 2012

On 18 January 2012 16:35, Andy Bircumshaw <andy at networkned.co.uk> wrote:

> On 18 January 2012, at 11:26, Fintan Gaughan wrote:
>> Only problem I have is that XBMC does not play mp4 is there a way of
>> get iplayer to record to avi?
>
> Not to address any of your other points, but I'm pretty sure it does.
>
> The highest quality encoding is h264 which is a patent-encumbered codec. You probably just need to enable some of your distro's non-free repos and Bob will marry your auntie.

Thanks Andy ,

I had a feeling it should work as I have done the repos ages ago..
turned out that xbmc did not like the file naming in particular folder
that gets info from imd/tv database.
I created another folder and called it get_iplayer recordings and had
no problem playing mp4 files.

So now that problem is solved  which created another... well not quite
as I find the names of files horrible.

So I am looking through Substitution Parameters and working it out how
to get files looking like this example recording of QI episode illness
  which is on BBC 1    “QI 1x09 Illness”

Am I correct thinking that get-iplayer will always use underscore?