Accessing the BBC from outside the UK

Derek J. Balling dredd at megacity.org
Fri Jan 6 11:04:32 EST 2012

On Jan 6, 2012, at 11:01 AM, David Woodhouse wrote:
> Actually convincing the man with the detector van of that fact, and
> getting them to stop hassling you, is of course another matter :)

Ha. Like there's any chance of a detector van actually accomplishing something these days. From what I've been reading it sounds like there's a sum-total of six vans for the entire country, and they don't even actually work all that well. :-P

> (And that 'licence' is spelled with a 'c' when it's a noun, and 's' when
> it's a verb. Like device/devise, advice/advise, practice/practise etc.)

It's so much easier to just be my American self and always use the "s" :-)

Cheers,