Signed programmes not downloading

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 06:41:28 EST 2012

On 23/02/2012 08:53, Rob Dixon wrote:
> I have noticed recently that signed television programmes are breaking
> get_iplayer. An interim fix that seems to work (there may be a better
> indicator than the one I have chosen) is to add the line
>
> $url .= '/sign' if $prog->{channel} and $prog->{channel} eq 'Signed';
>
> after line 4939 in the 2.80 release of get_iplayer.pl which reads
>
> $url .= '/ad' if defined $opt->{versionlist} && $opt->{versionlist} ne
> 'default';

I've just downloaded several signed programmes without a hitch, so
please expand on "breaking get_iplayer".  Does it actually fall over, or
do you just not get the programme you expected?  If it falls over, does
it print an error message?  More helpful would be to show us your
command line and the output (from release version)  when run with
--verbose.  Ordinarily, the choice of playlist URL with non-default
versions wouldn't make a difference.  If the change you described
actually has an effect, it suggests there may be something unusual with
BBC metadata for your programmes, but we don't know what those
programmes are.