How do I download embedded audio?

bat guano batguano999 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 11 20:17:01 EST 2012

> I am looking to record a couple of embedded mp3's, but I can't seem to egt them to work.
>
> Can anyone help with the correct commands to get these:-
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/world-music/zimbabwe-1988.shtml
>
> and
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/adamandjoe/2009/06/retro-text-the-nation.shtml

Hi
I don't know whether it's possible to download those embedded audios with get_iplayer.

But the Adam and Joe embedded audio link is easy to find.
With Firefox > Tools > Web Developer > Web Console.
When you play the clip, among all the logs find the line with "mp3".
This one:-
GET http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/6music/emp/shows/adamandjoe/audio/RetroTTN060609.mp3

With Linux it can be dowloaded using "wget" program like this:-
$ wget http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/6music/emp/shows/adamandjoe/audio/RetroTTN060609.mp3

Or use some other download manager with Windows.