get_iplayer Download Olympics In Chunks Tutorial

Matt Davis orangezilla at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 7 21:26:31 EDT 2012

OK managed to download two segments using --start [seconds] and --stop [seconds], it stopped where I intended but got these messages repeating from get_iplayer

Download may be incomplete (downloaded about 27.30%), try resuming
INFO: Command exit code 2 (raw code = 512)

ERROR: FLV file contains neither video nor audio, aborting!
INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)

the videos play OK but the total time shown on the file on the bottom right is the end time of the segment I selected on the main Olympics catchup video on MPCHC, but on VLC its the end time of the whole catchup video?

if I try to convert to mp4 as in your instructions I get warnings from ffmpeg

[flv @ 019C9D60] Broken FLV file, which says no streams present, this might fail

[flv @ 019C9D60] negative cts, previous timestamps might be wrong
    Last message repeated 48 times
[flv @ 019C9D60] Estimating duration from bitrate, this may be inaccurate

[mp4 @ 031FE020] Application provided invalid, non monotonically increasing dts
to muxer in stream 0: 1 >= 1
av_interleaved_write_frame(): Invalid argument

Any idea if I am doing anything wrong or how to fix the files?

Thanks

Matt