4GB limit, chunk download, what to use to demux and remux?

Andy Bircumshaw andy at networkned.co.uk
Fri Aug 3 12:22:59 EDT 2012

On 2 August 2012, at 22:58, MS wrote:
> So how do I fix the downloaded chunks? What Linux software do I use to demux my 1st chunk .mp4 file and subsequent chunks .mp4.flv files? And what software do I use to remux them together preferably allowing a little editing to get rid of the 5 min overlaps I've used for the chunks, and fixing the timecode? (If timecode the right expression for the time displayed when playing the video?)

Assuming this is what you actually want to do, I have used mkvmerge to combine multiple videos into a single .mkv.

AIUI this has the advantage that the encoded videos are neither concatenated or re-encoded - AIUI the mkv format can store multiple separate videos with play order instructions and chapter marks.

Email me off-list if you want some example wrapper script.

aB.