PVR Manager modes, settings and bugs

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 16:12:40 EDT 2012

On 27/04/2012 19:37, dinkypumpkin wrote:
> On 27/04/2012 16:48, Derek Moss wrote:
>> 4) Since updating get_iplayer.cgi, clicking on a programme title no
>> longer filters by that. It does change what's in the Search box (so
>> clicking on an episode of The Bridge sets it to ^The Bridge$ but it
>> doesn't refresh the displayed programmes as it used to.
>
> Still works here. Since the search box changes, the click event handler
> is being executed, but apparently the enclosing form isn't being
> submitted as it should be. Perhaps a IE expert out there can shed
> further light on this.

I think I might see the problem here.  The updated get_iplayer.cgi has
acquired a DOCTYPE declaration that puts IE into standards mode.  In IE9
standards mode, I see the behaviour described above, regardless of the
Web PVR version.   In IE 7/8 modes and Quirks mode, it works as before.
  I'm not sure why it worked for me initially, but IE was definitely in
Quirks mode when I first loaded the Web PVR.  I can't repeat that now,
so I must have been hallucinating or something.

There are several options I can think of:

- Remove the DOCTYPE declaration and default to Quirks mode
- Adjust the DOCTYPE declaration to force Quirks mode
- Add a <META> header to force IE9 to use IE8 mode

fs ck: The DOCTYPE declaration was your addition. Does it need to have
that particular value for any reason?

Derek - to work around this for now, you can try Compatibility view
(Page->Compatiblity View).  If that doesn't work for some reason, open
the IE developer tools (Tools->F12 developer tools).  In the Document
Mode menu, select "Quirks mode"