Crashes When Running from Cron Job

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 17:39:53 EDT 2012

On 23/04/2012 12:51, ajebay wrote:
> Latest example was from last night when Silent Witness failed. I erased
> the partial file this morning and did a straight --get run which went
> fine (at max tariff!) but I cannot now run --pvr. I get the following
> message:-
>
> ERROR: Quitting - process is already running
> (/home/alastair/.get_iplayer/pvr_lock)

Whenever you kill a hung get_iplayer pvr process executed via cron, you
must ensure the lock file is deleted as well.  It's only used when
performing pvr recording, so a one-off --get won't alert you to the problem.

> My prefs are set as:-
> Options in '/home/alastair/.get_iplayer/options'
> tvmode = flashhd,flashvhigh,flashhigh,flashstd,flashnormal
> flvstreamer = /usr/bin/flvstreamer

This is a bit of a reach, but consider using rtmpdump instead of
flvstreamer.  In your options file:

flvstreamer = /usr/bin/rtmpdump (or wherever it's installed).

rtmpdump is a successor to flvstreamer, and it works a bit better with
iPlayer streams for several reasons (google "swf verification" for one).
  I can't say if your results will be any better with rtmpdump, but it
should be easy to test.