basic guide to getting started on get_iplayer using Windows

Andy Bircumshaw andy at networkned.co.uk
Sun Apr 22 02:38:05 EDT 2012

On 22 April 2012, at 07:27, Jim Gregory wrote:

> Hi - I wonder if you know if there is a basic guide to getting started on
> get_iplayer using Windows 7? Many thanks.

http://linuxcentre.net/getiplayer/documentation

get_iplayer is a command-line application - it operates in "text mode" and you will have to open a command window (or "DOS prompt") to run it.

There is a web interface to get_iplayer. I have no interest or experience in that myself. I cannot help with it.

If, in future, you post to the list's address - get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org - then others may be able to help with your questions. I may not reply to messages sent only to myself. If you write to the list then your questions and their answers are available to everyone - to all subscribers who may be experiencing the same problem and the archive via google.

aB.