ffmpeg/avconv bitstream filter options

Chris Davies chris at roaima.co.uk
Wed Apr 18 06:07:24 EDT 2012

On 17/04/12 21:36, dinkypumpkin wrote:
> On 17/04/2012 18:31, Jon Davies wrote:
>> Unrecognized option 'absf'
> I checked this Libav version on Debian Wheezy, and it works as before
> if avconv is invoked as "ffmpeg" (there is a wrapper installed).

I'm running Debian stable (squeeze) with the Debian Multimedia
respository. I don't have avconv but do have ffmpeg 0.7.11 (package
version 5:0.7.11-0.2), which recognises -absf but not -bsf.

The official squeeze package version is currently at 4:0.5.6-3 and
squeeze-backports is 4:0.8-2~bpo60+1. What ffmpeg versions these relate
to, I'm really not sure.

Are there enough of us running non-Ubuntu systems to have to cater for
us, too?
Chris