HD Stream Problems

Charlie Pearce lists at cosmicvibes.net
Thu Apr 12 06:39:07 EDT 2012

** Apologies if this message is a repeat - but I don't think the last
message got through, so I'm trying again in plain text.
------

Does anyone else have problems downloading in HD sometimes? A prime example
of the problem I'm having is one of the current episodes of Silent Witness
- Series 15, "Domestic" Part 2.

Both show as hd versions available using --info command. Indeed in XBMC
(linux) using the iplayer plugin I can see that both play in 720p. Yet the
get_iplayer script will only download the first episode in HD. The second
episode fails with this error:

INFO: Command exit code 2 (raw code = 11)
WARNING: Failed to stream file /store/cjp/Media/iPlayer/Silent_Witne
ss_Series_15_-_Domestic_Part_2_b01gp1hs_default.partial.mp4.flv via
RTMP
INFO: skipping flashhd1 mode
ERROR: Failed to record 'Silent Witness: Series 15 - Domestic: Part
2 (b01gp1hs)'

I can download it in flashvhigh1, but I fail to see why HD doesn't work for
this episode. This happened last week too for same programme and randomly
happens on others with what seems increasing regularity.

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Thanks,

Charlie