MP3 Tagging Metadata Query

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 19:05:15 EDT 2011

On 06/09/2011 22:44, Jon Davies wrote:
> On 5 September 2011 19:57, dinkypumpkin<dinkypumpkin at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On 05/09/2011 17:52, Paul wrote:
> and if you actually *want* to tag downloads as a podcast, you can,
> using a rather nice feature that dinkypumpkin introduced:
> --tag-podcast

A message from the Ministry of Tagging Pedantry: I don't know if any
media manager other than iTunes  makes use of the tags set by
--tag-podcast, though someone else here may know of one.  If you really
want all your get_iplayer downloads to have Genre = Podcast, you'll have
to do it after downloading with whatever tools you use.

FWIW, if you've used the new Windows installer (which installs the
latest version of AtomicParsley), you can also now use --tag-longdesc
and --tag-hdvideo (or equivalent in options file) to add the related
tags to M4A/MP4 files.

The get_iplayer mappings are summarised here:

https://github.com/dinkypumpkin/get_iplayer/wiki/tagscheme