Failed ffmpeg conversion

Alexis Fotiadis alexisfotiadis at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 30 12:02:50 EDT 2011

> > My Brother Is an Only Child - - b0160176 default.partial.mp4: No such file or directory
>
> Hi
> You could try this:-
> Re-name your partial file
> BROTHER.partial.mp4
> and put it in the FFmpeg\ffmpeg-0.8-win32-static\bin folder.
>
> And, as before:-
>
> Open the "dos" window, Start -> run -> cmd
> Then change directory (cd) to C:\Program Files\get_iplayer\FFmpeg\ffmpeg-0.8-win32-static\bin
> Then try a command:-
> ffmpeg -h
> See if you get a response.
>
> Then use this command instead:-
> ffmpeg -i BROTHER.partial.mp4 -vcodec copy -acodec copy OUTPUT.mp4

It still comes out with the 'No such file or directory' error message...

> On 27 October 2011 10:36, Alexis Fotiadis <alexisfotiadis at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > With the second method I had a txt file called 'flv2mp4.bat', which when
> > double-clicked opened as a text file, not a CMD file.
> >
> Sounds like you now have a file named "flv2mp4.bat.txt" which is
> common if you have the "Hide file extensions" option switched on.
>
> Open the text file, assuming it opens in Notepad, select File -> Save
> As, change the File Type from *.txt to *.*, enter flv2mp4.bat as the
> file name and save it to the folder. Try again!

This method works fine though (although less-than-50%-complete partial videos still seem to crash VLC even after conversion, but nevermind), so I'll use it unless I figure out what's going wrong with the first way.

Cheers for both your help!