Problem since 27th Oct 2011

Allan Preston allan.preston at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 05:49:33 EDT 2011

Any new shows added to the iplayer's index since 27 Oct 2011 have a
blank modes: which means get_iplayer can't download them. For example:

modes:          default:
modesizes:      default:
name:           Rab C Nesbitt: Series 10
nameshort:      Rab C Nesbitt
pid:            b016p72l

:~$ get_iplayer --get 527
get_iplayer v2.80, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.

Matches:
527:    Rab C Nesbitt: Series 10 - 4. Fight, BBC Two,
Comedy,Guidance,HD,Popular,Sitcoms,TV, default,

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: No specified modes (flashhd,flashvhigh,flashhigh,flashstd)
available for this programme with version 'default' (try using
--modes=)
ERROR: Failed to record 'Rab C Nesbitt: Series 10 - 4. Fight (b016p72l)

This problem seems to affect all programs "added" since midnight 26
Oct 2011, and I first noticed it on 27 Oct 2011.
Is it a problem that is affecting only me, or is it a change the BBC
have implemented?

Oh, and hello :) Im Allan, from Manchester UK