First post and question

Paul Oldham paul at the-hug.org
Mon Oct 24 12:10:07 EDT 2011

On 24/10/11 11:32, Nigel Taylor wrote:

> On 10/24/11 10:54, Alastair wrote:
>
>> My present question is slightly OT.  Is there an equivalent of get_iplayer for ITV
>> downloads?
>
> Slightly OT, it is possible to download ITV channels, also Channel 5, like so
>
> $ get_flash_videos -r high http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=283365
> Downloading http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=283365
> Using method 'itv' for http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=283365

Hmmm ... just tried that on my Ubuntu Lucid amd64 PC and I get:

$ get_flash_videos -r high http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=282530
Downloading http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=282530
Using method 'itv' for http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=282530
Error: Unable to find <Video> in XML at /usr/bin/get_flash_videos line 2743.

Couldn't extract Flash movie URL. This site may need specific support
adding,
or fixing.

Curiously '/usr/bin/get_flash_videos --update' confirms I am on the
latest version. Oh well, nothing much I want to watch on ITV anyway ;-)

--
Paul