Failed to tag MP4 file

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 08:04:33 EDT 2011

On 21/10/2011 11:57, Marina Casas wrote:
> When I reinstalled it, I encountered an error saying that LAME file
> wasn't found for download, which was solved when I run the setup again
> (this also happened the first time I installed it).

That problem was fixed a few days ago (see list archive).  You had to
re-run the installer to get the updated location for LAME download. It
shouldn't affect your situation.

> get_iplayer --partial-proxy --proxy="http://217.23.230.254:80"
> --modes=flashhd,flashvhigh,flashhigh --pid=b014r8bx --verbose

> Output: still viewing the error about the rtmpdump version. I can see a
> line reading that the proxy is disabled and then restored. Maybe that's
> an important detail, I'm not entirely sure.

That's OK.  Those messages stem from --partial-proxy, which tells
get_iplayer to use the proxy only where necessary.

That's unfortunate a re-install didn't work.  For some reason,
get_iplayer still can't locate RTMPDump.  We haven't seen any other
Windows users report this problem, so I can only surmise the cause is
unique to your machine.  It's a bit of a reach, but below are some other
things to check:

1. Verify that the prompt in your get_iplayer window reads:

C:\Program Files\get_iplayer>

C:\Program Files\get_iplayer is default install location.  If you
installed to another directory, it should match the prompt.

2. In your get_iplayer window run:

echo %PATH%

This lists the directories where your system looks for applications.  It
may be useful for the next 2 steps.

3. Is it possible there is another copy of rtmpdump.exe on your machine?
  To check, go to your get_iplayer window and run:

rtmpdump.exe --help

Don't prepend ".\RTMPDump\" this time.  If you get a response from
RTMPDump, then there is another copy somewhere on your machine that
should be deleted.  It will be located in one of the directories listed
in %PATH%.

4. Is it possible there is a copy of flvstreamer.exe on your machine?
To check, go to your get_iplayer window and run:

flvstreamer.exe --help

If you get a response from FLVSreamer, then there is a copy somewhere on
your machine that should be deleted.  It will be located in one of the
directories listed in %PATH%.

5. Verify the Perl version.  To check, go to your get_iplayer window and
run:

perl.exe -V

(note upper case V)

The last 3 lines of output should be:

   @INC:
     C:/Program Files/get_iplayer/lib
     .

If not, then somehow another version of Perl is operating on your
machine. It will be located in one of the directories listed in %PATH%.
That seems extremely unlikely, however.