Quick and dirty fix to get get_iplayer 2.80 working on Ubuntu 11.04

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 06:32:38 EDT 2011

On 14/10/2011 03:26, Edward Colbourne wrote:
> I upgraded my system to Ubuntu 11.10, installed the ppa version of
> get_iplayer (the first thing I did), tried to download this week's QI,
> and got the following result:

Another thing to check: Make sure you upgrade the "librtmp0" package
from 2.3 (from Ubuntu repo) to the 2.4 version in the PPA.  I noticed
that librtmp0 2.3 is included in the base install for Ubuntu 11.10
desktop edition (it wasn't in 11.04), and the package isn't
automatically upgraded when you install get_iplayer from the PPA.  The
PPA version of rtmpdump 2.4 doesn't appear to require the corresponding
librtmp0 2.4 version (just a general requirement for librtmp0), so an
upgrade isn't forced.