can't record anything with v2.80

jeanvaljion boulard at 123mail.org
Fri Oct 7 12:35:04 EDT 2011

Hi.
I was using get_iplayer v2.79 on my Ubuntu Natty 64 bits for a few days,
quite happy with that. the only downside is what I wasn't able to record
anything in HD.
I then read the 2.80 version seemed to have fixed things about HD. so I
purged the 2.79 version from my system, added the John Davies repo,
installed this latest version...
and since then I can't record anything at all , sd or hd , specified
type or mode or not,  doesn't matter, all I get is a batch of :

Connecting ...
INFO: Command exit code 2 (raw code = 11)
WARNING: Failed to stream file  via RTMP

where should I start looking ?
ps : as a non-uk user , I always used get_iplayer with --proxy option,
still worked fine this morning with 2.79 . I assume proxy option is not
broken in 2.80 ?

                          or over the web