Possible solution to the Windows AtomicParsley crashes?

Kevin Reilly getiplayer at denali.org.uk
Wed Oct 5 04:28:24 EDT 2011

On 02/10/2011 20:26, dinkypumpkin wrote:

> 2. There is reason to think that pushing the above-mentioned
> AtomicParsley build could be premature. There is a very recent patch -
> not yet merged into AtomicParsley - that may also bear on the problem
> get_iplayer users have experienced.  See this thread:
>
> https://bitbucket.org/wez/atomicparsley/issue/17/crash-on-some-longdesc
>
> The discussion in that thread squares with what I discovered while
> investigating the problem reported by K Reilly.  I've verified that the
> specific problem he reported is fixed by AtomicParsley with that patch,
> but more than one data point is needed.

Just an FYI, since Shevek posted the link to his suggested version of AP
last week, I decided that my strategy would be to re-enable full
description tagging with the version provided by the installer, then
switch to Shevek's version in the event of a crash to see if it cured it.

Sod's Law has dictated, of course, that the four programmes I've
downloaded so far have caused no problem with the original version. I'll
keep using this method, though, just in case I stumble upon a programme
that holds the key to resolving this, or until a fix is verified elsewhere
and incorporated into the installer.

--
Kev