AtomicParsley - tag options

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 06:45:27 EST 2011

On 30/11/2011 00:12, Andy Gascoigne wrote:
> Are there any tagging options other than long / short versions?
>
> I ask because my media collection follows most standard conventions of
> \showname\season\ssxee filename that media browser / media center master etc
> use
>
> e.g. for The Killing, Series 2, episode 1, I need "\The
> Killing\Season2\02x01 The Killing.mp4"
>
> At the moment I get something close, but not what I need, i.e.
> \showname:season\ee filename
>
> So, in the above example, this reads "\The Killing:Series 1\01 The
> Killing.mp4"

Do you mean that you are you using a media manager to rename your
downloaded files from the tags embedded by AtomicParsley?  If so, which
one?  There isn't an option for get_iplayer to embed a shorter version
of the show name.  As always, feel free to add one, though you could
also just change the tag value in your media manager before renaming the
files.  If your media manager can't change tag values or can't rename
files, you should be able to make a small hack to get_iplayer to get the
value you want.

If you're looking for a way to rename files without the aid of a media
manager, you can either use get_iplayer options to control the path and
names of output files, or use an external command to rename files after
download.  With your desired format, the only limitation with using
get_iplayer's options is that I don't think there is a way to
automatically add zero-padding to series and episode numbers.  Of
course, that doesn't address tag values, but I'm not sure if that's the
problem you're trying to solve.