Ubuntu - get-iplayer updates

Jon Davies jon at hedgerows.org.uk
Fri Nov 4 17:38:34 EDT 2011

I've pushed a couple of updates for get-iplayer dependencies to
ppa:jon-hedgerows/get-iplayer

- a couple of days ago I did an update to AtomicParsley to incorporate
the fix for the "AtomicParsley: free(): invalid next size" bug that
some people have been having problems with.  AtomicParsley is now at
0.9.4-hg83.814077d09d34-0ppa2 on all versions of ubuntu.

- this evening I've pushed an update for rtmpdump on Oneiric/11.10
which provides a static build of rtmpdump, now at
v2.4-n25-git60218d0-ppa5~oneiric, and hence removing the dependency on
an updated librtmp0.  It'll be a couple of hours before the build runs
on launchpad so I'm afraid you'll have to wait for a bit before
updating...  This only affects oneiric.

If you've previously installed rtmpdump and librtmp0 from my ppa then
you may prefer to downgrade librtmp0 to the version provided by
Ubuntu, but I think you're ok if you don't.

For reference ppa:jon-hedgerows/get-iplayer includes builds of
get-iplayer and dependencies for versions of Ubuntu from 10.04 (Lucid)
 up to and including 11.10 (Oneiric).  To install get-iplayer using
this ppa do:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:jon-hedgerows/get-iplayer
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install get-iplayer

Cheers
Jon