M4A / AAC changes

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 09:48:00 EDT 2011

On 31 Mar 2011, at 14:35, FJuniper wrote:

> Apologies for not wading through the dozens of posts - will an mp3 option be added too? I like to play these files using the SD card reader built into my car, and fear that only mp3 is compatible.
> Thanks.

I'm in a similar situation.  Once Shevek finalises the M4A patch and posts a new version, I can test my AAC->MP3 patch against it and post another revision of get_iplayer.pl (and patch). See the "AAC audio: MP3 transcoding as backup option" thread from earlier in March.  The two changes sort of need to work together, so I'll piggyback on whatever Shevek comes up with.  I'll also track posted patches at GitHub so we can keep all of this straight.