get_iplayer on a Pogoplug - success!

Jon Davies jon at hedgerows.org.uk
Thu Mar 17 08:20:11 EDT 2011

On 16 March 2011 14:11, Steve Anderson <steve at twindx.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> Just thought I'd share my success - with a little bit of effort I've
> got get_iplayer with rtmpdump working on my Pogoplug. [snip...]

Well done.  By coincidence I've been trying to do the same thing but
targeting a Dlink DNS-323 NAS box, also using optware.  optware comes
with perl, rtmpdump compiled very close to out-of-the-box using the
native build environment (for a dns323 this comes from the fonz
fun_plug packages), and get_iplayer now downloads raw stuff without
any apparent problems.

But I'm struggling to get ffmpeg to work so that I can remux the
downloaded video/audio.  There's a version of ffmpeg from 2008 in
optware, but this complains about unsupported codecs - have you - or
anyone here for that matter - successfully compiled a recent ffmpeg
for arm-linux?

Cheers
Jon