Automatic conversion of aac to m4a

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Wed Mar 16 16:56:42 EDT 2011

On 14/03/2011 21:22, Andy Bircumshaw wrote:
> We already know that the .acc files produced by get_iplayer are in a
> broken container.
> This is been stated repeatedly on this list, especially in the last 2 - 3 days.
>
> We don't need to keep hearing this!

Well, if a bit of repetition upsets you, don't read it.

All these threads have had different subject lines; non of which says
that .aac is broken so you're bound to get multiple threads on a similar
subject. Please remember most use get_iplayer as a tool and don't have
time to scrutinize every thread.

> Saying this only contributes to the "aac is no good" noise

Who's saying that? From what I've read, most are saying it better &
trying to find a way to get an aac file that works. Is that bad?

> promulgated by a crowd who may be over-attached to MP3s.

Uh? It's the most popular & widely supported encoding around, but that
doesn't mean we're obsessed with it, it's just convenient.

> Try your Sony car radio with properly-muxed AAC files or don't tell us about it.
> Of course your player won't play broken .aac files!!

It's not the fault of get_Iplayer's users that the BBC has stopped the
mp3 stream. Nor is it their fault that this program downloads the aac
version incorrectly.

It sounds like you need to take a deep breath & then sit down for a few
minutes.

Cheers
Dave F.