Automatic conversion of aac to m4a

Nick Ludlam nick at recoil.org
Mon Mar 14 04:24:45 EDT 2011

On 14 Mar 2011, at 01:05, bat guano wrote:

>> If anybody feels like testing it, I've put up a fork on my github account, https://github.com/nickludlam/get_iplayer
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Nick
>>
> Well, I tested your version with this command:-
> get_iplayer --get --type=radio --force --m4a --mp4box=/usr/bin/MP4Box --pid=b00zd8f3
>
> Bells on Sunday.
> My MP4Box is in /usr/bin (not /usr/local/bin)
>
> The aac file downloaded ok, but it didn't use MP4Box.
> It gave this error:-
> Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /usr/bin/get_iplayer line 4715.
>
> I'm using Ubuntu.

Aha, and I'm guessing your filesystem is case dependent. Is the actual tool called "MP4Box" rather than "mp4box" ? I put in a last minute commit last night to sanity-check the presence of the tool, and disable the conversion if you don't have it, but there may be issues with that.

Did you specify the path as I did in the example above?

Nick