BBC now sending radio shows in AAC format instead of MP3

Steve startrek.steve at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 13:49:36 EST 2011

Shevek wrote:
> You should really do this from the aac not from the wma as I believe
> the wma is encoded from the aac in the first place (someone may
> correct me!).
>
> So you are running a lossy conversion on a file which is already a
> lossy conversion.

Well thats what the Linux version of Get_Iplayer converts it to, if
theres no MP3  version available, quality is fine to me, I only download
Documentaries & Drama, no music. The only Music I would download is
Opera live from theNew York Met & Thats not on Iplayer, I have to record
it live from DAB onto my Minidisc setup.

Stev