Using flvstreamer with get_iplayer

Richard Mace richard.mace at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Mar 6 21:58:05 EST 2011

> > Richard
> >
> Richard,
> I've now been able to try this with a recorded program (Performance on 3)
> and I was able to listen for over 2 hours without any sign of a stream
> restart. When a stream restart happens, do you hear a gap in the audio,
> see an error message, or both?
>
> Simon

Simon,
sorry for the delay in replying....
Yes, did hear a gap  in the audio & also messages indicating that get_iplayer was re-initiating download. I cannot explain why you are not seeing this with flvstreamer, other than perhaps, the downloads that you have done have not been protected with  swfVfy verification. I am not an expert on this. I have seen it said that some are & some aren't. Not sure why. Perhaps someone else on get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org can answer?
regards,
Richard.