Error message just appeared

Michael Ireland michael at mpireland.me.uk
Thu Mar 3 15:53:30 EST 2011

As far as I can recall I have always used version 2.79.

I had virtually the same problem in January - posted on Jan 19. It
disappeared a while later - not sure when but long enough that I had to get
some missing programmes via my Linux system.

I have removed and reinstalled get_iplayer on several occasions and the
command line version always starts with:

get_iplayer v2.79, Copyright <c> 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
    This program comes with....

I have just uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version. Both the command
line version and the WebPVR (Windows) give the same error message only the
string has changed to b00yzhz1.

The strings coincide with the pids (?) for the first programmes that appear
in the list on the opening page of the WebPVR - 3rd and Bird: Prince has
been replaced by A Dangerous Place to Meet My Family.

Michael