Audio synchronisation and extraction

richard richard at richsim900.plus.com
Wed Jun 1 04:18:32 EDT 2011

On 31/5/2011, at 9:46pm, Andy Bircumshaw wrote:

> Downloaded here, played on Quicktime player (Mac OS X) and PlayOn HD
> Mini.
>
> Fast-forwarded to c 12:45 minutes and watched next track start.
>
> Plays perfectly, singer's lip movements on screen perfectly in-sync
> with audio.
>
> Check your version of ffmpeg, get_iplayer &c.

Thanks for testing. I'm using latest patched get_iplayer and recent
ffmpeg (2011-04-17).

There appears to be some weirdness with the video file. I noticed the
audio is slightly out of sync on the first 2 tracks. Didn't test further
than that. I was testing with MoviePlayer starting from the beginning
(using Ubuntu OS).

If I fast forward to 12.45 minutes, the audio is in sync. Go back to the
beginning and the audio is in sync. Pausing also seems to get the audio
back to sync. Not sure reason for this.Perhaps its a Ubuntu issue.

Extracted the audio using ffmpeg. Unfortunately its recorded at 94 kbs,
but it doesn't sound too bad on my hifi.

@aB No need to keep copy for me. Thanks.