Errors downloading this evening

Julian Hughes julianhughes at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 17:43:34 EDT 2011

> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: Errors downloading this evening (Tony Quinn)
>    2. Re: Errors downloading this evening (Clive)
>    3. RE: Errors downloading this evening (Michael Mayne)
>    4. Re: Re: Errors downloading this evening (richard)
>    5. Re: Errors downloading this evening (spam.mc)
> etc

I experienced these same errors yesterday and today, on radio downloads
but not on tv downloads.  One of the radio programmes I wanted to listen
to was http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b012fs6y/The_Sinha_Test/
After some frustration trying and failing to download it even after
running `get_iplayer --type=radio -f` and starting again I decided to
do the obvious and listen via the BBC iPlayer website. The playback
kept failing in the browser flashplayer as well. I had to manually
restart and then seek a few times because several times it simply quit
playing after a few minutes, each time at a different point. In short
it seems the problem is not with rtmpdump or get_iplayer but with the
BBC or their content delivery services (akamai I believe).