Is anyone else's running slooowwwwlllyyy?

Andy Bircumshaw andy at networkned.co.uk
Tue Jul 12 12:24:56 EDT 2011

On 12 July 2011, at 16:40, Rog wrote:
>>> Now, I want to re-download it, but I cannot find the *.swfinfo* file to dump.
>>> There is no such file on this computer!!
>>
>> There is one, somewhere, but it's got nothing to do with forcing re-downloads.
>
> Hi Andy...
> I truly do not understand!
> Deleting this and also the partial d/l has always worked in the past.

I suspect you were doing something else in addition.

It's probably possible to edit the .get_iplayer/download_history in Notepad, for instance (or maybe even delete it).

> What is the *.swfinfo* file for?

AIUI the .swfinfo is a cache of the authentication token used by RTMPdump. Something like that. If, when you find it, you look at it in Notepad you'll find it's just 4 lines of text: a URL, a couple of dates and a long "magic" number.

I think the .swfinfo file will be at "%userprofile%\.swfinfo" on Windows.

>> Just delete the bad or partial file and run:
>>
>>  get_iplayer "the horizon guide" --get --force
>
> I am using the Web PVR Manager (Winndows XP P[ro), not the command line box, so how do I implement this please??
> i.e. where do I paste *get_iplayer "the horizon guide" --get --force* into?
> I tried the *Run* box but that doesn't work..

Sorry I don't use the WebPVR manager and I can't support it.

aB.