Will iphone mode ever return?

Homer get_iplayer at slated.org
Mon Jan 31 20:24:52 EST 2011

Is there any news about this?

Some background:

http://po-ru.com/diary/bbc-fights-against-openness-again/
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2010-December/000327.html

So my understanding is we just need to get a root cert from an iPhone,
switch to HTTPS, then respond appropriately to the server (as per the
output from packet sniffing). Yes?

Are root certificates copyrighted, and if not can we redistribute them?

Just interested for mainly political reasons, not because I either want
or need access. I don't even own an iPhone. It's just a question of
principle - the same principle that motivated get_iplayer to begin
with. If someone could provide the cert and debugging data, I'll gladly
help with the work.

Thanks.

--
Homer