Trouble downloading to USA

Christopher Woods (CustomMade) christopher at custommade.org.uk
Tue Jan 25 14:07:54 EST 2011

> Nevermind. I just realized that I needed to go through an
> anonymous proxy. Told you I was new ;)

I did wonder if that zscale proxy was yours ;-)

> Using an anonymous proxy I was able to download the video.

Also if you only need the proxy to authenticate with the GeoIP, you can
connect directly to the servers once the client's been authenticated - use
the --partial-proxy switch to only route authentication traffic through the
proxy (will most likely dramatically improve your download speed).

Use --long-help for syntax details or see Christian Hewitt's posts from
earlier this month for more details:
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2011-January/000724.html

For live viewing you need to proxy all traffic as the streaming server
performs geoip checks.