"get_iplayer is not writable" on Windows 7 x64?

Christopher Woods (CustomMade) christopher at custommade.org.uk
Wed Jan 19 18:01:19 EST 2011

> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 10:13, Christopher Woods (CustomMade)
> <christopher at custommade.org.uk> wrote:
> > Apologies if this has been discussed before, had a quick
> skim of the
> > list archive prior to subscribing and couldn't see this mentioned.
>
> The threads "Bug report for 2.78 and 2.79 (--update)" and "PATCH Re:
> Bug report for 2.78 and 2.79 (--update)" may be relevant.

Ah, forgive my ignorance, I wasn't aware of those. Only had about an hour in
front of the computer each night this week so not had the chance to
thoroughly browse the bug reports. (more often than not problems I encounter
are either localised to me / me and a handful of others for some reason - or
just plain PEBKAC ;-)

Also just saw Shevek's quick 'n dirty workaround which at least temporarily
solved it for me. Thanks again all.