iPlayer Downloader - Audio MP3 / Video MP4 alternative - Recording Modes for Web PVR Manager

M2 M.2 at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 5 17:33:21 EST 2011

Hi All,

as the iPlayer Downloader stoped working as of last month so there is
loots of people who come over here
in a search for alternative ;) and I'm one of them. (It's great tool by
the way ;)

As someone said loots of people have got different requirements for
their iPlayer downloads,
but it may be and idea to get a simple guide for those that are looking
for alternative to iPlayer Downloader
which recorded audio streams in MP3 128kbps with id3v2 tags and video in
MP4 480x272 resolution.

First of all, I had problem with downloading a ffmpeg while installing
get_iplayer,
that has been sorted by downloading Windows version from official site @
http://www.infradead.org/get_iplayer_win/get_iplayer_setup_latest.exe

Secondly correct me if I am wrong,
Audio programs can be recorded in MP3 with Recording Mode:
flashaudio1
but no ID3v2 are stored, unless you recorded in AAC (Recording Mode:
flashaachigh) and then transcode to MP3 with WinFF
available here:
http://winff.googlecode.com/files/winff-1.3.1-setup.exe

Video programs can be recorded in MP4 with Recording Mode:
flashhigh
and that is 640x360 resulution wchich works perfectly on my Nokia N8 and
do not need the original 480x272 for iPhone offered by iPlayer Downloader.

So, if I use in Recording Mode:

flashaachigh,flashhigh

would I get Audio recordings in AAC with ID3v2 and Video in MP4 (640x360)
and

flashaudio1,flashhigh

would give me MP3 with no ID3v2 tags and Video in MP4 (640x360)

or do I have to have all the other modes present as well?
"flashaachigh,flashaudio,flashhigh,flashstd,flashnormal,realaudio,flashaaclow"

Thanx