Why only partial listing

Andy Waddington (software devel) acornqa at pennine.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 4 13:16:52 EST 2011

Sometime before sending, Bill Lancaster typed (and on Friday 2011-02-04 sent):
> I'm using the command line in Ubuntu 10.10

Rather than having a huge scroll buffer, it's often easier just to use

get_iplayer --type=radio | less

then you can scroll up and down the results, without losing the existing
contents of your terminal window.

I tend to use (in some convenient directory which in my case is usually
/home/video/broadcast  or /lan/pub/shared/radio depedning on what I'm
downloading):

get_iplayer --type=radio > radio-index

and so on, then I can just <favourite editor> radio-index

The cron job which runs my overnight pvr also saves these index files,
so I can just browse looking for anything interesting that was broadcast
up to yesterday.

Andy