Why only partial listing

J K.Eason mail at john-eason.co.uk
Fri Feb 4 06:27:00 EST 2011

> *From:* Bill Lancaster <bill-lancaster at lineone.net>
> *To:* get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org
> *Date:* Fri, 04 Feb 2011 10:01:02 +0000
>
> if I do "get_iplayer --type=radio" I get a listing starting with:-
>
> 12981:	Toby Foster at Breakfast
>
> All the following items progress alphabetically to
>
> 13308:	Zoe Ball - Lynn Parsons sits in for Zoe, BBC Radio 2,
> Classic Pop
> & Rock,Music,Pop & Chart,Radio
> 13309:	iPM - 29/01/2011, BBC Radio 4, Factual,Radio
>

> Why only this partial listing.

Is this under Windows in a command window? If so, you'll probably need
to increase the size of the scroll buffer because the listing actually
starts at:

10001:	The Last Mix From Homegrown Resident Sapnarella, BBC 1Xtra, Dance &
Electronica,Drum & Bass,Experimental & New,Garage,Hip Hop R'n'B &
Dancehall,Music,Radio

and currently ends with 13309.

I usually run get_iplayer from a desktop shortcut with the following
command line (Change the 'YourPathHere' to your preferred location for
the text file created and then open the Radio.txt file it creates in a
text editor.)

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /k get_iplayer.cmd --type=radio --tree >
"C:\YourPathHere\Radio.txt"

((The above two lines should be on one line.)

Regards
       John (mail at john-eason.co.uk)