Problem with search

John Skilleter john at skilleter.org.uk
Thu Feb 3 17:08:16 EST 2011

Hi folks,

I'm trying to download the Radio 4 Book of the Week 'Periodic Tales'
using get_iplayer.

If I search for it using:

    get_iplayer --type radio "Book of the Week"

then get_iplayer finds it, but (predictably) finds various other books
of the week as well.

But, if I try and narrow the search down using any of the following then
it finds no matches:

    get_iplayer --type radio "Book of the Week - Periodic Tales"
    get_iplayer --type radio "Periodic Tales"
    get_iplayer --type radio "Book of the Week - "

As far as I can tell the search is terminated by a '-' in the programme
name.

Am I missing something (i.e. is this a bug or a feature)?

John Skilleter

john at skilleter.org.uk