Can't resume

Eric Marcus eric.marcus at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 17:00:59 EST 2011

On 4 December 2011 21:50, Jon Davies <jon at hedgerows.org.uk> wrote:
> On 4 December 2011 21:06, Ed hoare <edspammer at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello. I am new to get_iplayer and am very pleased with it (many
>> thanks to the devs) except that I am finding it impossible to resume
>> recordings.
>
> I think rtmpdump (which does the actual downloading) is supposed to be
> able to resume, but doesn't seem to do so successfully.
>
> You'll find a file or two named something...partial...something -
> delete these and try again.  You'll end up restarting the download
> from the beginning, but it should get there.
>
> Cheers
> Jon

I had issues but solved them by using the current version of RTMPDump,
I think version 2.2 is included with get_iplayer (i'm using the
windows installation) but the current version is 2.4 ?  renamed the
old rtmpdump folder, extracted out the new version to a folder the
same name as the old version, works fine.

good luck!