No specified modes

Chris Marriott chris at chrism.demon.co.uk
Sat Aug 27 04:20:22 EDT 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Fletcher
Sent: Saturday, August 27, 2011 8:22 AM
To: get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org
Subject: Re: No specified modes

>In the US. You may have trouble. One of my team in Utah uses get_iplayer.
>Let me check with him, see if he uses a Proxy. Seems likely to me.

BBC Radio programmes are available to people worldwide. BBC TV programmes
are only available within the UK, because they're funded by the TV licence
fee, which you lot don't pay :). You will need to use a UK proxy or VPN to
download TV programmes from outside the UK.

BTW: might I suggest that a judicious edit would be useful when replying to
a post? Quoting about 1000 lines of text which are totally irrelevant to
your reply makes trying to spot what you're saying pretty difficult!

Cheers,

Chris