Windows user (and possible ubuntu user) seeks get_iplayer assistance under ubuntu

bat guano batguano999 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 7 14:28:37 EDT 2011

________________________________

> I am starting from scratch so thanks for your pointer. I'll go look and
> read. I picked ubuntu because it is a name I know. Is it the best to
> use or does it not matter?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Clive

Ubuntu is probably the most used flavour of Linux.
So there's lots of help at UbuntuForum and google.

In the previous email from CarlFletcher he suggested to use get_iplayer from the Ubuntu repository.
This is OK, but the one in the PPA will provide more up-to-date versions of get_iplayer and dependencies.